FAMILY ROOM Early Childhood Programs:
Join CFY and the Carlyle Public Library in the new Family Room for free family programming!
Drop in and Play:
For families and their children under 5. This program provides story, craft, healthy snack, and our unique parent hour.
- *NEW* Drop In and Play Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10-12 AM @ The Carlyle Public Library, Family Room
- *There is a $2.00 per child fee for daycares or paid caregivers
- *Parents of children with food sensitivities are asked to provide their own snack.
Drop in Story Time Thursdays:
Families with children of all ages are welcome to participate in an hour of themed story and craft by our story teller: MacKenzie Valentine.
- Starting September 27th- May
Carlyle Play School Co-operative
Providing broad educational experience based on free play, games, creative arts, stories, small projects and physical activity. Ages 3 and 4, must pre-register.
- When: September -June, Mondays – Thursdays, 9:30 AM -Noon (Class days will vary depending on enrollment)
- Where: CFY Playroom 100-107 Main Street Carlyle
- Cost: $675.00 tuition per year plus $5 membership fee.
- Contact: 306-270-5678, CLICK HERE
After School Activities
Held on Mondays at CES. These programs vary from physical activity, games, drama, cooking, science experiments and more. Notes are sent home to parents through the CES school for upcoming after school activities. Or check out our Calendar of Events above.
- Where: CES School
- When: Mondays (Check out the program calendar for upcoming classes)
- Cost: Free, open to CES Students
No School Events
These are activities that are held when school is out for the day. The activities vary from cooking classes (shown above), to day camps, to movie events. Watch for notes through CES!
- When: When school is out!
- Cost: Free
- Ages: 6-12
- **Registration forms to go out before date of program or call 453-2666 for non CES Students
For girls in Grades 5-12 in the Carlyle School District. Girls Group is a peer-to-peer mentoring program for girls that works on building relationships, self esteem and self worth. Girls take part in a variety of team building activities and explore their inner feelings through art, drama, music, sharing circles and other activities.
- When: Oct-Jun
- Where: CES & GFK School
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Notes go home through Schools or call 306-453-2666 for more information.
At Home Alone Safety Class
Safety program for students in grades 4/5/6 at the CES school. Students take part in presentations and discussions with local emergency staff from the Fire Dept, RCMP and Ambulance. The program covers what kids need to know when they are left home alone for short periods of time. Street proofing, Fire safety and basic first aid.
- When: Stayed tuned for upcoming dates
- Where: CES Library
- Cost: $20.00 for the first aid kit. Course is FREE
- Registration: Notes through CES or Call 453-2666 for non CES students
An after school program offered through the CES. This program guides students through the art of planning, tending and harvesting garden produce and flowers. Children keep garden journals of their progress and create a variety of garden art during the season.
- Where: CES Small Lot of Hope
- When: May / June 3:30-4:30
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Pre-register through CES. (CES Students only) Watch for forms!
Cornerstone Family and Youth has collaborated with the Carlyle Elementary School, Crescent Point Leisure Complex, Carlyle Public Library and Rusty Relics Museum to create this summer program! Kids meet at the CES gym daily where our trained coordinator’s will take them to various children’s programs offered throughout our community. Children are then picked up at the CES gym at the end of the afternoon.
Times: 12:45 – 4:15 July – Aug (Dates to be posted at a later time)
Who: Ages 6 – 12 (Going into grade 1)
Where: We meet at the Carlyle Elementary Gym Doors
- Monday: CES Garden
- Tuesday: Rusty Relics Museum
- Wednesday: Swimming
- Thursday: Carlyle Library
- Friday: Play Day
- Daily Drop in….. $6.00
- Weekly……………. $24.00
- Summer Pass… $160.00
Registration: Summer Pass holders to pre-register on or before the first day of club call 453-2666, daily drop-ins welcome! Open to everyone! 🙂