Printable Carlyle Calendar:
Playroom Early Childhood Programs:
Drop in and Play: Sept 5 – May 30: Tuesdays 10-12 @ The Carlyle Public Library
Drop in and Play SUMMER: Jun 12 – Aug 16: Mondays – Wednesdays 10 – 11 AM @ In the Cornerstone Family and Youth Centre 100-107 Main Street Carlyle (Walkway between the Civic Centre)
Drop in Story Time: Year round – Thursdays 10-11 AM (Carlyle Public Library)
After School Activities
Held on Mondays and Wednesdays at CES. These programs vary from physical activity, games, drama, cooking, science experiments and more. Notes are sent home to parents through the CES school for upcoming after school activities. Or check out our Calendar of Events above.
- Where: CES School
- When: Wednesdays (Check out the program calendar for upcoming classes)
- Cost: Free, open to CES Students
No School Events
These are activities that are held when school is out for the day. The activities vary from cooking classes (shown above), to day camps, to movie events. Watch for notes through CES!
- When: When school is out!
- Cost: Free
- Ages: 6-12
- **Registration forms to go out before date of program or call 453-2666 for non CES Students
For girls in Grades 5-12 in the Carlyle School District. Girls Group is a peer-to-peer mentoring program for girls that works on building relationships, self esteem and self worth. Girls take part in a variety of team building activities and explore their inner feelings through art, drama, music, sharing circles and other activities.
- When: Oct-Jun
- Where: CES & GFK School
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Notes go home through School or Click: About Girls Group for Mentees, About Girls Group For Mentors
At Home Alone
A safety program for students in grades 4/5/6 at the CES school. Students take part in presentations and discussions with local emergency staff from the Fire Dept, RCMP and Ambulance. The program covers what kids need to know when they are left home alone for short periods of time. Street proofing, Fire safety and basic first aid.
- When: Usually November & March (See Calendar for details)
- Where: CES Library
- Cost: $20.00 for the first aid kit. Course is FREE
- Registration: Notes through CES or Call 453-2666 for non CES students
After school Art Classes
An art exploration class for children ages 6-13. These classes are held at the Carlyle Public Library every Thursday afternoon. The classes explore art techniques and mediums that children may not get to use at school or home.
- Where: Carlyle Public Library
- When: Thursdays 3:45-4:45
- Ages: Age 6 (or grade 1) – 13
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Parent must fill out forms on child’s first visit
- *To keep classes free donations of art supplies, paper, or recycled materials always accepted!
An after school program offered through the CES. This program guides students through the art of planning, tending and harvesting garden produce and flowers. Children keep garden journals of their progress and create a variety of garden art during the season.
- Where: CES Small Lot of Hope
- When: Wednesdays in May / June 3:30-4:30
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Pre-register through CES. (CES Students only) Watch for forms!
Click here for a printable Registration: CFY Summer CLUB Letter 2017
Cornerstone Family and Youth has collaborated with the Carlyle Elementary School, Crescent Point Leisure Complex, Carlyle Public Library and Rusty Relics Museum to create this summer program! Kids meet at the CES gym daily where our trained coordinator’s will take them to various children’s programs offered throughout our community. Children are then picked up at the CES gym at the end of the afternoon.
Times: 12:45 – 4:15 July – Aug (Dates to be posted at a later time)
Who: Ages 6 – 12 (Going into grade 1)
Where: We meet at the Carlyle Elementary Gym Doors
- Monday: CES Garden
- Tuesday: Rusty Relics Museum
- Wednesday: Swimming
- Thursday: Carlyle Library
- Friday: Play Day
- Daily Drop in….. $5.00
- Weekly……………. $20.00
- Summer Pass… $ 120.00
Registration: Summer Pass holders to pre-register on or before the first day of club call 453-2666, daily drop-ins welcome! Open to everyone! 🙂