This craft uses items that can be found in most homes. If you do not have the items in your home, the necessary items are inexpensive and carried by most grocery or dollar stores.
You will need:
- 3/4 Cup lentils
- 3 balloons (per ball you want to make)
- 1 funnel (I made mine out of paper)
- 1 pair of scissors
1. Blow all three balloons up to half their size. The first balloon that you use will not be visible when the project is complete. Take the first (inside layer) balloon and fill it with lentils using the funnel.
2. As you continue to fill the first balloon with lentils, you will need to fill the neck of the balloon with lentils and then push the lentilsdown into the body of the balloon. This will help you press more lentils into the balloon, making it more firm. Use less lentils to adjust the firmness of the finished bean bag ball.
3. Once your first balloon is as full as you would like, cut off the top piece of the neck. Cut off the entire neck of the second balloon. Put your fingers inside the neck of the balloon and stretch the balloon over the first filled balloon. Make sure to cover the neck of the first balloon in the process.
4. Cut the entire neck off the second balloon. Put your fingers inside the neck of the balloon and stretch the balloon over the second filled balloon. Make sure to cover the neck of the second cut balloon in the process.
The finished bean bag balls can be used for hacky-sack or juggling!